23rd Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival
The 22nd Ji.hlava IDFF Awarded Russian Robots
The Truth about Killer Robots won the category A Testimony on Knowledge. What will today have to offer? Milan Kundera in emigration; euthanasia and a discussion about the crisis of the political left.
At this year’s Ji.hlava, 161 films are competing in the competition sections. A Testimony on Knowledge now has its winner – The Truth about Killer Robots by Maxim Pozdorovkin. ‘We didn’t just select this film because of the craft that went into it, but also because it’s concerned with certain dilemmas that are quickly becoming very relevant to our civilisation,’ said the jury, which was comprised of the scientist Jan Lukačevič, philosopher Jaroslav Peregrin and Petr Vašát, who is an expert in poverty studies. ‘There were many interesting films with a strong message in the competition. We feel that it’s important to draw attention to Every Tear by the Belgian director Sarah Vanagt, which the jury appreciated for its unique approach to its subject matter,’ the jury added.
files for download
- dvaadvacata-ji-hlava-ocenila-ruske-roboty-docx.docx (93.15kB)
- dvaadvacata-ji-hlava-ocenila-ruske-roboty-pdf.pdf (195.72kB)
- the-22nd-ji-hlava-idff-awarded-russian-robots-docx.docx (102.58kB)
- atmosfera-festivalu_foto_knyblova_gabriela-jpg.jpg (386.35kB)
- atmosfera-festivalu_foto_stefan_berec-jpg.jpg (388.12kB)
- tadatoshi-akiba_foto_jan_hromadko_-jpg.jpg (370.62kB)
- ulice-behem-festivalu_foto_stefan_berec-jpg.jpg (313.87kB)